Terracon Intern in Vernon Hills, Illinois
This position will conduct laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt, and aggregates.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Performs sampling or testing as directed.
• Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
• Transports equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, laboratory, clients or other offices, and provides physical assistance in equipment set-up.
• Cleans equipment, vehicles and work areas
• Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
• Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
High school diploma and BS degree in progress in a science or related field (environmental, safety, engineering, chemistry, biology, geology). The ideal candidate will have less than one year remaining to complete their BS degree.
City, State (Office Location):
Vernon Hills, IL
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.