Textron 2018 Quality Engineer Internship/Co-Op in Rockford, Illinois
2018 Quality Engineer Internship/Co-Op
Locations available for internship include: Rockford, IL & Genoa, IL
Reports directly to the PlantManager. The Intern, Engineering willactively participate in projects related to process control and processimprovement. Hands-on experience mayinclude, but is not limited to:
1. Provide support for key companyinitiatives, such as lean implementation, downtime elimination, and overallequipment efficiency (OEE).
2. Work with subject matter experts tomeasure current process performance, analyze results, develop improvementideas, and run experiments or trials to improve results.
3. May be involved with new processimplementation, involving developing procedures, completing problem analysis,job safety analysis, etc.
4. Work with engineering and shop floorteam to identify and design fixtures to improve manufacturability.
5. Interface with Engineers to introducenew products to the plant and help troubleshoot problems inherent withproduction and improve manufacturing efficiency.
6. Examine documents such as blueprints,drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracyof data.
7. Prepare and submit Engineering WorkOrders (EWO).
8. Prepare reports and memorandums asrequested.
9. May deal with vendors or others outsideof the organization.
10. May be involved with the evaluation ofcapital investments and assist in preparation of cost justifications.
KEY BENEFITS GAINEDFROM INTERNSHIP
Coached and mentored by Greenlee engineering leadership.
Gain technical foundation and acquire leadership skills, project management experience, and cross-functional process knowledge.
Experience in developing and documenting key processes.
Work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business.
Potential leadership growth and Six Sigma Green Belt opportunities.
Junior, Senior, or graduate student in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
GPA 3.0 or higher
Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Works inboth office and plant environments and may exert up to 25 pounds of forceoccasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry,push, pull, grasp, finger, or otherwise move objects.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Illinois-Rockford
Recruiting Company Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 255682