Textron 2018 Integrated Supply Chain Internship / Co-op in Rockford, Illinois
2018 Integrated Supply Chain Internship / Co-op
Reports directly to Materials Manager. The Intern, Materials Management will actively participate in projects related to improving materials processes as well as day-to-day plant-level materials responsibilities. Hands-on experience may include, but is not limited to:
1. Become familiar with processes and write work instructions to document those processes.
2. Support Planners with material planning requirements. May assist with issuing purchase orders for raw materials and components, expediting orders as needed, and verifying delivery dates.
3. May be involved with new process implementation, involving developing procedures, completing problem analysis, etc.
4. Manage inventory and reorder point of key raw material based on manufacturing schedules.
5. Examine documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
6. Prepare reports and memorandums as requested.
7. Perform system data analysis, maintenance, and clean-up.
KEY BENEFITS GAINED FROM INTERNSHIP
Coached and mentored by Greenlee supply chain leadership.
Gain an understanding of lean operations methodologies that drive supplier, inventory, and make vs. buy decisions.
Experience in developing and documenting key processes.
Work on projects that have a measurable impact on our businessPOSITION
Junior, Senior, or Graduate student in Supply Chain or Operations
Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
SAP experience is a plus
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Illinois-Rockford
Recruiting Company Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 255680