Aon Corporation Aon Campus – Pension Administration Specialist Intern in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Aon Is Looking for Pension Administration Interns!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. This role falls under Aon’s Summer Internship Program, which provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. You will have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips you with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
Your Impact as an Pension Administration Intern
The Pension Administration Specialist Intern works as part of the Retirement and Investment Pension Administration Group which is responsible for providing defined benefit administrative services to multiple clients. The following are some of the core job expectations for the Pension Administration Specialist Intern:
- Ensures accuracy and quality of system generated calculations using basic testing principles
- Assists with manual intervention, including manual calculations, data cleanup and communications as needed to ensure accuracy of calculation
- Identifies and documents any unusual aspects of calculation
- Understands Excel and Access tools
- Basic understanding of data and its impact on participant calculations
- Accurate processing of payments and ability to perform monthly payment reconciliation process
- Identifies and researches data questions or edits
- Assists with special projects such as testing, benefit statements, and other client work
- Shares information effectively through clear and succinct written and oral communication
- Complies with data privacy and code of conduct
Plans and Manages Workload Effectively
- Prioritizes own work effectively
- Identifies and manages temporary spikes in work load and through an assessment of own clients’ project plans, assesses when additional help/time is required
- Understands project plan for own clients and balances own workload with teammates’ workloads
Personal Effectiveness and Teamwork
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Provides and invites feedback to and from others and uses it to improve personal development
- Works independently with self-motivation to achieve and exceed targets and goals
- Flexible in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects
- Places client and team goals ahead of own objectives
- Encourages collaboration and works to resolve conflicts
- Keeps others informed of status on his/her assigned tasks
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be rising juniors, graduating between December 2018 – June 2019 and have a suggested GPA of 3.0 or above.
Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in the following areas preferred:
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2443521
Location: United States, IL, Lincolnshire