DHL Express, Inc. Field Operations Intern- ORD in Franklin Park, Illinois
The Most International Company in the World is looking for Ambitious, Confident and Enthusiastic Interns to Join our Operations Team in our Chicago, IL (Franklin Park, IL) service center.
The intern will be involved in the following projects:
· Strategic reduction of on road undeliverables
· Approach will begin with quantitative big data analysis
· Deliverables will include: Area wide control document and powerpoint presentation
· Interns will interface cross functionally with couriers, station leadership, and service quality manager
· Interns will leverage their academic training to mine historical data
· Interns capstone will be a presentation of data collected, lessons learned, and recommendations
· Data collection
· Root/Cause analysis
· Financial impact analysis
· Customer impact analysis
· Structure of quantifiable improvement plan
· Communication of expectations to station management teams
· Streering and follow-up during roll out
· Collaboration between couriers, leadership, Service Quality manager and others
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiast team player with the following skills and qualifications:
· Ability to analyze data and formulate logical conclusions
· Minimum education required: Junior/Senior undergrad or MBA/MS
· Ability to interface across diverse populations (couriers, customers, management)
· Strong computer knowledge (Advanced Excel and Powerpoint)
· Leadership experience
· Team project experience
· Logistics and Supply chain experience helpful but not mandatory.
DHL is able to offer flexibility with the start date of this position.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer.