Continental Corporation Intern - Materials Technology in Deer Park, Illinois
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 80102BR
Job Title Intern - Materials Technology
Country United States
Posting Location Deer Park, IL
The employee will support material investigations performed by a central group that evaluates
and selects manufacturing materials for Continental electronic manufacturing plants worldwide. He or she
will be asked to inspect and test samples in support of ongoing materials evaluations, then report the
results to the group in an organized format. The employee must be able to work independently and pursue
multiple objectives in parallel. The target for this internship is a spring semester + summer commitment of
roughly 6 months duration.
• Independently utilize analysis equipment to evaluate performance of electronic materials and assemblies
• Create appropriate sample specimens for failure analysis or scientific evaluations
• Understand and apply equipment training to new tasks
• Collect, organize, and summarize data for designed experiments evaluating materials used in electronics assembly
• Take electrical measurements of polymer materials to establish their cure profile
• Perform rheological measurements of filled materials to predict their performance in a manufacturing environment
• Assist with graphing and analysis of results using Microsoft Excel and statistical software
• Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Minimum junior standing pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
• Experience with MicrosoftExcel and PowerPoint
• Experience with materials testing
• Extensive experience with graphing in Excel and familiarity with statistical analysis using Matlab
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.