McDonald's MGR-INTERNAL AUDIT TECHNOLOGY in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s has been evolving rapidly, from enhancing the customer’s digital experience and introducing delivery throughout the world, to shifting sourcing to farms that are produce cage-free eggs. McDonald’s strives to deliver a “wow” experience for customers, support a sustainable model that improves care of animals and the environment, and uphold our industry-leading quality standards
McDonald’s Internal Audit & Controls department playsa critical role protecting our brand, restaurants, and customers. TheTechnology & Digital Audit Manager will be responsible for managing aglobal team that delivers internal audit and advisory services to key customersin technology, e-commerce, restaurant systems, and digital. Theideal candidate will leverage knowledge of information technology, digital,privacy, information security, compliance, and strong overall business acumento deliver high-impact audits.
The manager will join our global Internal Audit functionin our new downtown Chicago location. Key responsibilities will includecontributing to the achievementof departmental objectives by creation of an effective technology and digitalaudit plan, participating in regular risk discussions with leadership, guidingimpactful risk assessments, managing audits, and building an engaged technologyaudit team through recruiting and internal development.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Management, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years' experience in audit, information technology, information security, solutions development, or equivalent.
• Experience managing a team of three or more resources, preferably within audit.
• Experience interacting with IT and business leadership and collaborating with business partners at similarly-sized organizations.
• Experience managing complex projects and programs and applying effective project management concepts.
• Highly experienced with common IT controls and technologies (e.g. system and database platforms, networking, programming approaches and languages, etc.).
• Expertise in key IT and IT risk topics such as cybersecurity, global data privacy laws, cloud computing, big data, and agile development.
• Experience managing a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
• Demonstrated client service orientation and ability to provide advisory and consulting services to internal clients.
• Availability to travel (domestic and international) up to 15%.
• Professional certifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CPA, CFE, CIA, and/or advanced degrees preferred.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
• Demonstrated strong critical and strategic thinking in complex work settings.
• Demonstrated technical experience, curiosity, and orientation that enables rapid learning and in-depth understanding of technical subjects and risks.
• Demonstrated inclination to apply creative and innovative solutions and concepts.
• Proven capability to deliver challenging projects and programs.
• Professional of unquestionable integrity, maturity, credibility and character
• Ability to quickly partner with customers, build influence, and provide value added services.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to educate and mentor team members on technical and audit concepts.
• Capable of evaluating controls in a changing environment.
• Possesses high-energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, strong work ethic, and ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong natural desire to stay abreast of new audit, technology, and IT concepts and best practices.
The responsibilities, requirements, and personal skills and attributes necessary for this role are as follows:
• Manage and guide the Technology & Digital Audit team in conducting multiple concurrent audits and delivery of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT controls testing.
• Contribute during meetings with leadership on key risks and audit results by demonstrating strong knowledge of IT risks, audits, and SOX compliance.
• Earn trust with leadership by effectively managing sensitive risk and audit discussions, communications, and deliverables.
• Execute annual risk assessment activities for technology, digital, and related areas, and develop the technology and digital audit plan.
• Manage successful completion of the technology and digital audit plan, ensuring all audits activities are successfully completed on-time and on-budget.
• Lead and manage the development of audit scope and objectives, development of risk and control matrix, test procedures, key communications, and audit deliverables.
• Provide meaningful, technical, and hands-on guidance during assessments of areas including privacy and customer data protection, data governance, information security, third parties, online, and digital operations.
• Ensure that all team deliverables are of high-quality through effective, detailed oversight, direct involvement, and thought leadership.
• Manage successful completion of global Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls testing.
• Lead internal infrastructure projects, increasing the department’s capabilities and contributing to the continuous improvement of the audit function.
• Contribute towards the professional development of IT Audit staff by providing effective and timely training, guidance, feedback and support.
• Build and grow a high-performing IT Audit team through hiring, mentoring, training, and timely and candid performance feedback.
Technology & Digital Audit Manager