Ross Stores, Inc. Loss Prevention Internship - Greater Chicago Area in Chicago, Illinois
Loss Prevention Internship at Ross Stores, Inc.
If you are a college student with a desire to
develop into a Loss Prevention Leader within a fast-paced work environment then Ross Stores Inc., a Fortune 500 Company, is the place for you. We allow you to make a direct impact on the organization during a10 week paid Loss Prevention Internship. You will gain insight not only into loss prevention management but also internal/external theft investigations, case management, customer service, operations, and more!
At Ross you will find:
- An experience that will help you gain skills applicable to a career in Loss Prevention Management
- The ability to learn all facets of how a multi-million dollar store runs, stays protected, and mitigates theft and loss
- Teamwork built on trust and collaboration
- An amazing culture that celebrates diversity, gives back to local communities, and encourages fun
- A company that has built success with a “No Frills, Big Thrills” philosophy
The Internship Program:
A peek into what you’ll be doing
You will receive a training manual for your internship that guides you week by week through each facet of your role in Loss Prevention
- Gain exposure to the business by working alongside supervisors, store managers, and senior leadership
- Develop your Loss Prevention acumen through hands on training, webinars, conference calls with upper loss prevention leadership, and identifying strengths and growth opportunities
- Obtain experience and understanding of merchandise protection, shrink reduction, internal/external theft investigations and reporting, safety, security, customer service, and leadership competencies
- Promote prevention through awareness and coaching
- Receive mentorship and guidance on how to be a successful Loss Prevention leader
- Have an opportunity to give back to your local community through volunteer events
Participate in fun team building events with fellow interns
Towards the end of your internship you will have an opportunity to conduct asolo root cause analysis to assess store operations with a focus on shrink, safety, and loss prevention based on knowledge gained through the internship program
- You will present your findings, feedback, and knowledge to a leadership panel
You will be AMAZED with all that you have learned and how prepared you now are for a career in Loss Prevention Management!
Successful interns are:
- Excellent communicators with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly when dealing with customers and employees
- Quick, with a sense of urgency , because retail is a fast-paced environment and doing 5 things at one time is a cake walk for you.
- Problem Solvers , because as a Loss Prevention Leader, you may be leveraged as a point of reference
- Driven for results , because that is how we deliver the deals and safety of our store, associates, and customers
- Capable of standing and walking for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day), bending, crouching, and lifting or lowering objects up to 25lbs.
- Current College Students , enrolled in a 4-year college degree program, in Junior standing and planning to graduate between December 2018 and August 2019.
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores, Inc. is not just the store your mom brought you to for great deals and designer steals before school started each fall, we are the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States. Ross is ranked as number 219 on the Fortune 500 list for 2017, as well as being an S&P 500 and NASDAQ100 (ROST) Company and the place to start your career in retail management. We operate over 1,363 Ross Dress for Less stores across 37 states, the District of Columbia, and Guam in addition to over 198 dd’s DISCOUNTS stores in 15 states with more stores opening 3 times a year as we continue our growth. Store growth means more jobs being added to our company which means when you are ready for a promotion, there is a high probability there may be an opening available , and that probability goes up when you are open to relocation to new or other existing markets. We are looking for sharp, driven, hardworking individuals to come join our company in our Leadership Training Programs and grow with us as we get to over 2,000 stores nationwide. You can learn more about your future career at Ross on our website: www.rossstores.com/careers.
If you’re motivated to become the next rock star within our organization, apply today!