BCD Travel Attendee Support Services Intern - Summer Internship in Chicago, Illinois
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately - and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific - a combined global work force of more than 1,000 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $850 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Attendee Support Services Intern will assist the Event Solutions Group Air Services and Registration Services Teams with a variety of attendee services tasks. They may assist with group air travel fulfillment and management projects, registration data management and reporting, housing block management and other attendee customer service initiatives. The Attendee Support Services Intern will get hands on experience with Cvent (registration software) and Sabre (travel booking software), as well as, assist with items such as proofing, cross-checking lists, preparing materials, correspondence with attendees, airlines and hotels, etc. The ideal candidate is someone looking to gain valuable industry experience with the goal of moving towards a Group Air or Registration position with BCD M&E.
Internship Position Details
- The internship will start on Monday, May 21, 2018. Interns are expected to commit to a full time internship which requires a minimum of 40 hours per week for 10 weeks. Schedule will be determined by individual hiring manager and intern.
- The internship is an unpaid position but will be eligible for course credit
- Interns are subject to BCD M&E rules and policies. For example, working a shift between the company hours of 8:00 AM -- 6:00 PM CST
- Each intern will have the opportunity to travel to and attend a live meeting or event as a Travel Director once during their internship. During that week, hours may exceed 40.
- All work will be completed at the BCD Meetings & Events Chicago office, located at 500 W. Madison Street Chicago, IL 60661.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with items such as proofing, cross-checking lists, preparing materials, verbal and written correspondence with attendees, customers and vendors, etc.
- Manage data projects in Sabre, Concur and Cvent, etc.
- Learn various aspects of events reporting (Flight manifests, Flight billing, Housing Reports, etc.)
- Adhere to all deadlines, turnaround timelines & compliance requirements
- May provide on-site program assistance as needed
- Respond to attendee emails and requests
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when interacting with attendees, clients, suppliers and team-mates
Assume other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position and can add value
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Listen attentively
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Capacity of problem solving -- anticipating, initiating and resolving customer or vendor issues
- Ability to identify customer needs and respond creatively listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and determining solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- Ability to initiate new ideas
- Ability to delegate with respect
- Accept responsibility for projects, team and self
- In the process of securing a Bachelor's degree with a major in hospitality, event management or related field
- Strong computer skills
- Comfortable with basic Excel (sorting & formatting, basic formulas)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening)
- Previous experience or exposure to event & travel software, like Sabre, Apollo, CVENT, StarCite preferred
- Able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization
- Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Team oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled