Aon Corporation Aon Campus - Risk Solutions Global Strategy Intern in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking for an Aon Risk Solutions Global Strategy Intern
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for the company through assistance in the development, delivery and monitoring of strategic and operational initiatives aimed at innovating the way we interact with clients and colleagues. This role is part of a team located at the Aon Center in Chicago that interacts with colleagues across Aon’s global footprint.
Your Impact As An*Aon Risk Solutions Intern*
The Risk Solutions Global Strategy Intern will gain valuable experience as part of a small and dynamic team. Intern will work closely with all team members over the course of the internship, specific internship elements will include:
- 10 Week Paid Program
- Challenging Work on Significant Strategic Initiatives
- Ownership of Individual Analyses
- Exposure to local Aon Business Leaders
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Planned Social Outings
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Internal stakeholder and business results oriented focus
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a commitment to the firm
- Adaptability and flexibility – quick learner
- Mature and professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Strong PC skills including specific experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Insurance or a related degree.
Applicants for this role, part of the national Aon Summer Internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2018 – Summer 2019 and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2442034
Category: Administrative & Support Services
Location: United States, IL, Chicago