Chicago Transit Authority 2018 Summer Internship Program - Planning in Chicago, Illinois
THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION WITH AN ANTICIPATED END DATE AT ANYTIME.
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
CTA is a perfect place for future Urban Planners!
We are currently hiring for full-time, temporary internships for the Summer 2018. Our internship opportunities are project based, which means interns are assigned to specific, real-world projects that create meaningful impact on CTA and its customers. Local and out-of-town students are eligible to apply; local students may have the opportunity to stay onboard part-time through May 2019 if their assigned project requires a longer commitment. If you are a Urban Planning, Geography, OR Transportation major, please consider applying to the Planning department!
Planning departments include:
- Data Analytics
- Scheduling and Service Planning
Primary duties and Responsibilities
Brief descriptions of some of the most current Planning intern projects are listed below:
- Gain exposure to analytics behind the ridership group within Planning and be instrumental in the development of Ridership Intelligence for the company.
- Assist AVAS Coordinator in the GPS collection of stop changes using a web-based map tool and incorporate in the AVAS System.
- Urban Planning, Geography, Transportation
- Undergraduate Junior -- Graduate School
- Lifting at least 75 lbs. and working in an office or warehouse environment
The demands associated with the normal office environment, including walking outdoors Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong ability to read and comprehend maps
Experience with Excel, Access
Knowledge of general transit fundamentals, scheduling, and operations is desired
Familiarity with the streets of Chicago is preferred
Job Title: 2018 Summer Internship Program - Planning
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Work At Home: No
Location and City: Chicago, IL