Chicago Transit Authority 2018 Summer Internship Program - Infrastructure/Engineering in Chicago, Illinois
THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION WITH AN ANTICIPATED END DATE AT ANYTIME.
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
You may be surprised to learn that we don't just hire Urban Planning majors. In fact, we hire students in good academic standing with a variety of degrees that you may not have expected. There may be an internship for you at CTA!
We are currently hiring for full-time, temporary internships for the Summer 2018. Our internship opportunities are project based, which means interns are assigned to specific, real-world projects that create meaningful impact on CTA and its customers. Local and out-of-town students are eligible to apply; local students may have the opportunity to stay onboard part-time through May 2019 if their assigned project requires a longer commitment. If you are a Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering major, please consider applying to the Infrastructure department!
Primary duties and Responsibilities
Brief descriptions of some of the most current Infrastructure/Engineering department intern projects are listed below:
- Updating the signal system maps that help all personnel with the identification of signal relay house locations and other signal appliances.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of CTA's Infrastructure Asset Management System by developing documentation and reviewing data for accuracy and integrity for our current Production and go-live initiatives with Power and Way.
- Review design and construction submittals to help provide CTA with quality construction projects.
- Working with senior Architects survey to arrange site surveys and to review construction submittal documents and incorporate into design criteria and specifications
- Harness Microsoft Access to effectively organize and inventory paper engineering drawings.
- Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Computer Engineering* *
- Undergraduate Freshman -- Graduate School
Courses completed: Drafting, Architectural Structures, Engineering, AutoCAD Physical Requirements:
Lifting at least 75 lbs. and working in an office or warehouse environment
The demands associated with the normal office environment, including walking outdoors Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of principles, practices and/or procedures of Infrastructure/Engineering
Job Title: 2018 Summer Internship Program - Infrastructure/Engineering
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Work At Home: No
Location and City: Chicago, IL