Chicago Transit Authority 2018 Summer Internship Program - Finance in Chicago, Illinois
THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION WITH AN ANTICIPATED END DATE AT ANYTIME.
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
You may be surprised to learn that we don't just hire Urban Planning majors. In fact, we hire students in good academic standing with a variety of degrees that you may not have expected. There may be an internship for you at CTA!
We are currently hiring for full-time, temporary internships for the Summer 2018. Our internship opportunities are project based, which means interns are assigned to specific, real-world projects that create meaningful impact on CTA and its customers. Local and out-of-town students are eligible to apply; local students may have the opportunity to stay onboard part-time through May 2019 if their assigned project requires a longer commitment. If you are a Finance, Accounting or Economics major, please consider applying to the Finance department!
Finance departments include:
- Budget & Capital Finance
- Grants and Property Accounting
- Performance Management
- Revenue/ Business Development
- Financial Reporting
Primary duties and Responsibilities
Brief descriptions of some of the most current Finance department intern projects are listed below:
- Prepared comparative analysis and analyzed various economic indicators
- Implemented initiatives that will help reduce the managing and operating costs of the department
- Researched and prepared cost benefit analysis of possible energy efficiency projects
- Conducted financial and revenue research and manage budget projects in support of staff
- Developed algorithm to improve bus service quality, drawing on real-time and historical location data
- Assisted with the physical inventory, addition, reconciliation and update of CTA's Capital Assets
- Assisted Business Development with projects such as filming requests, Under-'L' Parking map, CTA Gifts, Ventra-related projects, etc.
- Studied systemic inefficiencies including absenteeism/overtime
- Evaluated cost-benefit of new service quality programs
- Finance, Accounting, Economics
- Undergraduate Freshman -- Graduate School
Courses completed: Financial Accounting, advanced Accounting courses, Business Management Physical Requirements:
Lifting at least 75 lbs. and working in an office or warehouse environment
The demands associated with the normal office environment, including walking outdoors Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of principles, practices and/or procedures of Finance, Business Ethics, Principles of Management and/or Operations Management
- Strong analytical skills, Microsoft Office Suite, TOAD and Oracle
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- SharePoint development skills preferred
Job Title: 2018 Summer Internship Program - Finance
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Work At Home: No
Location and City: Chicago, IL