Chicago Transit Authority 2018 Summer Internship Program - Communications in Chicago, Illinois
*THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION WITH AN ANITICPATED END DATE OF ANY TIME. *
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
You may be surprised to learn that we don't just hire Urban Planning majors. In fact, we hire students in good academic standing with a variety of degrees that you may not have expected. There may be an internship for you at CTA!
We are currently hiring for full-time, temporary internships for the Summer 2018. Our internship opportunities are project based, which means interns are assigned to specific, real-world projects that create meaningful impact on CTA and its customers. Local and out-of-town students are eligible to apply; local students may have the opportunity to stay onboard part-time through April 2019 if their assigned project requires a longer commitment. If you are a Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Gender Studies, Disability Studies major, please consider applying to the Communications department!
Communications Departments include:
- Customer Information
Primary duties and Responsibilities
Brief descriptions of some of the most current Communications intern projects are listed below:
- Preparing, writing, editing, proofreading and coordinating the production of materials regarding CTA service such as maps, customer alerts, brochures, newsletters, flyers, guides and signs for the effective communication of CTA services to the public and to CTA employees.
- Managing the distribution and posting of time-sensitive customer alerts and flyers for service improvements and/or service changes on buses, rail cars and at rail stations by coordinating, copying and assembling packages. Assist in addressing issues and concerns expressed by customers with disabilities.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite software to design/update artwork for production of operational signage. Update timetable files from electronic and hard copy and arrange for production. Review/proof artwork files for accuracy.
- Survey field locations to determine proper signage placement.
- Assist Signage staff with field installations of posters and station signage.
- Participate in Bus Garage Rap Sessions related to customer issues.
Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Gender Studies, Disability Studies Educational Experience/Requirements:
Undergraduate Freshman - Graduate School
- Courses completed: N/A
The demands associated with the normal office environment, including walking outdoors. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively relate with others and be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word programs.
- Read printed text verbatim to an individual who is blind; review and edit text to ensure consistency in style and format.
- Follow written directions to determine accuracy and gather pertinent information from established database.
Job Title: 2018 Summer Internship Program - Communications
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Work At Home: No