Chicago Transit Authority 2018 Summer Internship Program - Administration in Chicago, Illinois
*THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION WITH AN ANTICIPATED END DATE OF ANY TIME. *
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
You may be surprised to learn that we don't just hire Urban Planning majors. In fact, we hire students in good academic standing with a variety of degrees that you may not have expected. There may be an internship for you at CTA!
We are currently hiring for full-time, temporary internships for the Summer 2018. Our internship opportunities are project based, which means interns are assigned to specific, real-world projects that create meaningful impact on CTA and its customers. Local and out-of-town students are eligible to apply; local students may have the opportunity to stay onboard part-time through May 2019 if their assigned project requires a longer commitment. If you are a Human Resources, Business Management, Data Analytics, Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology, Library Science, Political Science, Social Work or Education major, please consider applying to the Administration department!
Administration Departments include:
- Human Resources
- Learning & Support
- Performance Management
- President's Office
- Purchasing/Supply Chain
Primary duties and Responsibilities
Brief descriptions of some of the most current Administration intern projects are listed below:
- Executing the day-to-day responsibilities of the department's new standard packaging initiative. They will also assist warehouse management with essential inventory processes in the Receiving, Shipping, and Cycle Count teams.
Working with databases and performing analysis linking different data sources for service reliability, workforce management or other key performance indicators. Provided gap analysis on current programs.
Participating in the research and development of two key components of Performance Management.
- Leading an HR project currently underway entitled "Well Within Reach". The "Well Within Reach" program is dedicated to ensuring that vending machines across the Authority have healthier products and that employees have choices to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Working with the Law Department in anticipation of new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) laws that could affect the classification of current CTA Employees. An initial audit has been performed to determine the possible impact of the new laws on CTA, and upon analysis of this audit, a formal audit will be required. This student will assist in performing a formal audit and will gain knowledge in Labor Laws and interpretation and implementation of these laws.
- Creating a series of "how to" and "training tips" videos to go on the training website. This project will leverage video and facilitator based content to aid current CTA instructors and other CTA employees with CTA training best practices. The intern would be responsible for the design and development of these videos.
Human Resources, Business Management, Data Analytics, Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology, Library Science, Political Science, Social Work, Education
- Undergraduate Freshman - Graduate School
Courses completed: N/A Physical Requirements:
The demands associated with the normal office environment, including walking outdoors. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of principles, practices and/or procedures of Human Resources, Adult Learning, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Social Work
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- SharePoint development skills preferred
Job Title: 2018 Summer Internship Program - Administration
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Work At Home: No
Location and City: Chicago, IL