Caterpillar, Inc. Corporate Intern - Information Analytics in Peoria, Illinois
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
The Corporate Analytics Internship Program will immerse you in our business and introduce you to our analytics tools and techniques, enabling you to provide data based insights that drive business decisions. Our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has provided a wealth of Big Data that is mined and analyzed across various segments such as product development, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales and customer/dealer support. Analytics Professionals are the data driven, business professionals using quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems for internal business partners and external Caterpillar customers.
What do Analytics Interns at Caterpillar do?
Your time is dedicated to working on projects to serve our business partners and dealers. Some projects have focused on:
• Sales, rental, and service opportunities for Caterpillar dealers
• Evangelizing & implementing data visualization
• Optimization & simulation projects
• Recommending suppliers for replacement parts & identifying the greatest cost savings
What functional areas does your internship cover?
Product development, marketing, customer support, manufacturing, supply chain and corporate services such as finance, HR and pricing
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
• Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: MBA, MS or PhD in Actuarial Science, Analytics, Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Civil Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Informatics, Information Systems Management, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics, MBA with Technical Undergrad, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, Predictive Analytics, Quantitative & Computational Finance, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
• Expected graduation date is September 2018 and beyond
• Demonstrated knowledge or aptitude of statistical, data mining, or visualization tools
• Experience with SAS, R, SPSS, Minitab, Tableau, or similar tool
• 30 completed semester hours prior to start of internship
• If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university
• Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers.
Candidates will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
Summer: May 21, 2018 – August 10, 2018
This is a 40 hour per week assignment lasting 12 weeks
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
Comprehensive internship orientation
Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities
Various social events
Networking opportunities with leadership
Intern roundtable discussions
3 personal days/paid holidays and more!
Thousands of Caterpillar Employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they're really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece by- piece, person-by-person.
Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Models and small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn't be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When the employees win, so does Caterpillar.
Job: *Information Analytics
Title: Corporate Intern - Information Analytics
Requisition ID: 170007Q1