LGS Innovations Summer Intern in Lisle, Illinois
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking an Summer Intern * for our Lisle, IL office location.*
In this position you will work closely with each other and with seasoned engineers on projects that expose them to leading edge telecommunications technology.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform work under close mentor guidance including but not limited to:
- Development of embedded software
- OO design techniques
- User interfaces (Windows, Andriod) to control/monitor solutions
- Network security
- Digital, analog and/or RF design
- Work through the equipment fabrication process
- Gain knowledge regarding cellular technology (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE), network or communications protocol programming, design patterns, embedded SW development, Linux-based SW development, Windows user interface
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering. Must be a rising Junior or Senior in a Bachelor’s program or graduate student.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Minimum program commitment of 8 weeks
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Lisle, IL
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Summer Intern
Location: Lisle, IL
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary