Canadian National Railway Company Summer Internship - IT in Homewood, Illinois
Summer Internship for students in Information Technology CN is currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelors of Science specializing inInformation Technologyfor a paid internship during the summer of 2018 (May 14- August 24, 2018).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate within the regional territory the IT portion of major facility/personnel relocations and project deployments, including storage and disposal of IT hardware. Ensuring inventory is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Identify and track customer problems. Escalate issues when required.
- Guide the customer with technical advice and support for daily issues.
- Apply and ensure compliance within CN I&T; standards.
- Attend conference calls and internal meetings
Work on special projects as assigned Minimum Requirements:
Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Must be a legal U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be a student currently enrolled and working towards a degree in Information Technology.
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure components and their relationships.
- Ability to become familiar with CN standard hardware and software.
- Ability to network across the organization.
- Ability to become familiar with the organizational structure and functional process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary in English
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to travel, with minimal notice, anywhere within our US or Canada operations during the internship.
- Ability to work both inside and outside in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to pass a background investigation pertaining to federal and state criminal history, including driver history
- Must be able to attend Welcome Week - May 14-May 18, 2018 in Homewood, IL
- Combination of office work and working outdoors in varying weather and environmental conditions.
- Adhere to safe work procedures and policies.
- Travel for company business
The ideal candidate profile:
- Interested in a career as an IT Regional Services Representative following the internship
- Knowledge of railway practices, railway design standards, industry standards and federal regulations affecting railway facilities and operations
- Demonstrates the ability to work autonomously, adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and situations and manage stressful situations.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, can motivate others to achieve set objectives and maintains positive interactions.
- Is result-focused, while prioritizing daily tasks.
- Excellent English verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and company satisfaction.
- Understands and applies safety standards
- Previous experience in a railroad environment
- Students that are entering their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year
- Homewood, IL
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 8527BR