ADM Ag Services Operations Management Intern in Decatur, Illinois
Ag Services Operations Management Intern
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 32,000 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 250 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 38 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com .
Ag Services Operations Management Internship
Our Ag Services operations management interns have the opportunity to challenge themselves and develop their skills at one of ADM’s Ag Services locations. This program provides a training ground for potential future employees and serves as our primary source for full-time employment.
Interns may experience or be trained in the following:
• Shipping and receiving of grain, feed and/or agricultural products via trucks, railcars and barges;
• Sampling and grading grain, feed and/or other agricultural commodities;
• Overseeing hourly employees and assigning work;
• Transferring, drying, storing, aerating and blending of grain and/or agricultural products;
• Repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance;
• Preventative maintenance;
• Implementation of safety programs and procedures;
• Regulatory issues (OSHA, EPA, DNR, etc.);
• DOT policies and procedures;
• Basic accounting (understanding a balance sheet);
• Electrical conservation and management; and
• At certain facilities, opportunities to manage labor relations.
This position is not involved in merchandising.
Candidates must be pursuing at least a two year degree in agriculture or a business-related field. The ideal candidate will also possess leadership skills; basic mechanical troubleshooting skills; have the ability to work near or on large bodies of water, at various heights and in confined spaces; and must have adequate transportation to and from work. Having basic knowledge of electrical systems is a plus. Some tasks may require the ability to wear a respirator or dusk mask and to work in varying conditions such as hot, cold, dusty, etc.
ADM requires the successful completion of our pre-employment process, which may include a background check, drug/alcohol screen, medical history questionnaire and other job related functional evaluations.
Job Description (Continued):
IL - Illinois
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veterans