Monsanto Intern: Hardware Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
**The Climate Corporation is looking for talented and motivated Electrical Engineering students with solid hardware fundamentals to help build world-class devices. Our solutions helps farmers around the world improve productivity and yield with ingenious data measurement devices, mobile software, and advanced analytics. If you want to join a passionate team to work on a product with real-world impact, we are the place for you.
What You Will Do:**
- Design, build, test, and deploy data acquisition devices
- Work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment that fully embraces modern tools and development best practices. We’ll provide the mentorship on a product that solves a real business need and an atmosphere of learning
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit theory
- Good working knowledge of C and Python
Stellar academic record or equivalent work experience
- Initiative to figure out how things work and to push the limits of your own knowledge
- Able to collaborate with others to design and development projects
- Great attention to detail and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated passion for quality
- A desire to work on hard problems
- Good understanding of embedded processing concepts
- * What We Offer:*
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interaction with key executives and leadership.
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.