Nuveen Investments Head of Project Management/Internal Consulting in Chicago, Illinois
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources that a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.nuveen.com/
About the Position
This position has overall responsibility for the company’s corporate project management/internal consulting function, including oversight of project managers/consultants.
Manage project portfolio to support key cross-functional strategic initiatives across Nuveen
Reviews project plans and monitors performance to ensure that deliverables meet project specifications
Gains approval, and consensus from internal clients on project specifications
Monitors project governance in line with TIAA expectations
Identifies project staffing and resource requirements
Organizes project teams to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
Monitor performance of key project deliverables against strategic planning roadmap
Represent Nuveen and the integration with TIAA governance, strategic planning and performance monitoring
Can work with all levels of company management, including senior executives
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 10 years of project management or related experience, preferable within Financial Services/Asset Management
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Demonstrates good judgment and takes accountability for decisions and results
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact and respond to staff, managers, executive leaders and clients in an accurate and timely manner
· Ability to quickly and effectively comprehend, compose and develop general business materials such as correspondence and presentation materials
· Willingness to operate in a flexible and ambiguous environment
· Must be capable of working independently
· Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple and varied tasks
· Previous experience managing a team is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Job: Business Administration and Support
Primary Location: IL-Chicago
Nuveen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or disability that does not preclude performance of essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other status protected by law. Nuveen strives to foster a work environment of respect and inclusiveness of persons of all backgrounds where the contributions of all employees are recognized and valued.
Req ID: 1710294