BCD Travel Graphic Design Intern - Winter Internship in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
We currently have a new and exciting internship opportunity for a Graphic Designer to support BCD Meetings & Events' brand portfolio. The purpose of this internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience within a global company. Reporting to the Senior Global Marketing Specialist, the Graphic Design Intern is responsible for, but not limited to the design, development and implementation of materials that support brand strategy, message and vision for the Global Marketing team, Sports team and Events team.
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with our Global Marketing Services Director and corporate Graphic Designer to develop the overall layout and production design for collateral, advertisements, digital assets (campaigns, web artwork, etc.), client presentations, sales proposals and more.
Internship Position Details
- The internship will start on Monday, January 8. Interns are expected to commit to either a full time or part time internship. A full time internship would require a minimum of 40 hours per week. A part time internship would require a minimum of 20 hours. Both full and part time interns are expected to commit to 10 weeks. Schedule will be determined by individual hiring manager and intern.
- The internship is an unpaid position but will be eligible for course credit
- Interns are subject to BCD M&E rules and policies. For example, company hours are 8:30 AM -- 5:30 PM CST
- Each intern may have the opportunity to travel to and attend a live meeting or event as a Travel Director once during their internship. During that week, hours may exceed 40
- All work will be completed at the BCD Meetings & Events Chicago office, located at 500 W. Madison Street Chicago, IL 60661.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to provide a digital portfolio or link to portfolio.
Essential Internship Functions:
- Come to work promptly and regularly
- Be able to take direction, criticism and work well with others
- Good design sense, with a basic understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography and composition
- Project management skills to handle multiple task
- Ability to take initiative, be involved and be creative
- Professional manner and appearance
- Have great attention to detail and still meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Internship Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with corporate Graphic Designer to ensure that all design solutions meet deadlines and objectives
- Create professional graphics, images and designs for various mediums
- Photo sourcing when required
- Works with internal team to ensure that our design strategy remains on target throughout the project
- Trouble-shoots design problems and articulates challenges & solutions
- Manages various internal projects upon assignment
- Work independently in the possible absence of supervision
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and highly collaborative environment (while having fun!)
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Working towards B.A/ B.F.A or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Must be able to work in a PC platform environment
- Proven Leadership in and out of the classroom
- Fast learner and someone that takes the initiative
- Intermediate skills within the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook etc...)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled